National specifics in the Peppol Network
You will find extensive information in English on Peppol.org. Here on our website you will find additional information relating to national use.
Every country participating in the Peppol Network is able to define specific national rules. These exceptions derive from the specific national legal frameworks.
The following requirements are part of the Peppol Interoperability Framework, see.
- If electronic invoices are sent within German public entities via Peppol, then it is requested to use the most recent version of the CIUS XRechnung.
- If electronic invoices are sent from outside of Germany to a German public organisation, then it is also possible to use the Peppol BIS Billing 3.0 format (most recent version) as well as XRechnung. The German public entities are able to receive both formats.
- The specification of the CIUS XRechnung is currently only available in German.
- The XRechnung standard is published in both UBL and CII. Both syntaxes can be sent via the Peppol network.
- The German public entities use a specific identification schema called Leitweg-ID. The schema can be found in the most recent version of the ISO 6523 ICD list. The prefix of this specific identifier is 0204. The ID and the prefix are separated by a colon (':').