National specifics in the Peppol Network
You will find extensive information in English on Peppol EU. Here on our website you will find additional information relating to national use.
Every country participating in the Peppol Network is able to define specific national rules. These exceptions derife from the specific national legal frameworks. The Annex 5 of the Transport Infrasturcture Agreement (TIA) define those national specifics.
The following aspects are defined in the German Annex 5: (pdf, 238.1 KB)
- If electronic invoices are send to German public entities via Peppol, then it is requested to use the most recent version of the CIUS XRechnung.
- If electronic invoices are send form outside of Germany, then it is possible to use the format Peppol BIS Billing 3.0 (most recent version) as well as XRechnung. The German public entities are able to receive both formats.
- The specification of the CISU XRechnung is only avaiable in English.
- The standard XRechnung is published in both UBL and CII. Both syntaxes can be send via the Peppol network.
- The German public entities use a specific identification schema called Leitweg-ID. The schema can be found in the most recent version of the ISO 6523 ICD list. The prefix of this specfic identifier is 0204. The ID and the prefix are seperated by a colon (':').
- The German Annex 5 is refering to the most recent version of the Peppol policy for use of identifiers (pdf, 573.2 KB). The use of this version is obligatory, as it is required for the use of the Leitweg-ID. Following versions of the Peppol policy for use of identifiers are allowed as well.
- Testing is only allowed with the use of the test certificate, not the productive certificates.